Saturday, April 19, 2008

Mexican Food Night...







I have been obsessed with avocado's lately, putting them on top of just about everything and making guacamole toppings to go with just about everything. I thought, since I am making mexican food tonight, I would share my recipe for guac topping. I get a lot of compliments on it, but one word of warning, it is heavy on the garlic, so if you don't like garlic that much, I would definitely cut back.

Guac Topping: (for food or for dipping chips!)

2 avocado's, pits and skins removed
2 tlbs. Lite Sour Cream
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp. Lime zest
Juice from 1 lime (You should get about 2 tlbs. juice. If not, use another lime)
1 handful fresh cilantro leaves
1 JalapeƱo pepper, seeds removed and chopped
Sea Salt to taste
Fresh cracked pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in small food processor and pulse until well blended but not entirely smooth. Serve immediately.

**if you like your guac topping spicier, leave the seeds in the mixture from the Jalapeno! You can also mix everything up by hand using the back of a fork if you prefer a chunkier texture. Just make sure you dice everything up before mixing it all together.

Enjoy. This goes great with any dish that you think needs a little Southwestern kick. I served it with yummy Black Bean and Pineapple enchilada's, a recipe I got from my sister.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

mmmmmm...yummmy! Aren't those enchilada's stellar? Let's talk about this...I started a food blog too, shhhh...it's a secret...it is so fun! Call me today!